By Karen Litzinger, MA, LPC
Through attending a session at the American Counseling Association national conference here in Pittsburgh,
I got inspired to share some green jobs resources. Check out these web sites. I'm sure more is on the horizon!
Green Institute - This new initiative includes information on credit programs
leading to green jobs, hands-on training, and consumer information. A current
training program listed is about Weatherization. You can sign-up for the Institute,
and perhaps get notifications.
Workforce Development - This link includes a March 2010 article by the
Department of Labor and Industry that invites education institutions to apply
for 4.6 Million in training grants for unemployed, underemployed and dislocated
workers. Clearly more opportunities are are their way!
- Pennsylvania.GreenJobs.net - This lists PA jobs in LEEDS, solar and wind power categories, plus national links.
- Online.ONetCenter.org - A major Department of Labor site that has a Green Occupations link on
the front page. The research led to the identification of green sectors, occupations and emerging fields.
- North America's most experienced recruiting and resource firm for the environmental,
building, and energy sectors with over 30 years of experience connecting employers
with top talent for a sustainable future
- Since 1996, a source of job listings in renewable energy jobs (solar, wind,
geothermal and other clean energy jobs), green building, organic jobs, sustainable
non-profit jobs, and government agencies.
- Includes newsletter, blog, coaches, articles, podcasts, teleclasses, and
a job board. Some links are member only.
©2010, Litzinger Career Consulting. Permission granted
to reprint this article so long as the text and by-line are not changed and
reprinted intact with all links made live.
Karen Litzinger, MA, LPC, owner of Litzinger Career Consulting, provides career
counseling, job search advising, outplacement consulting, and business etiquette
training. More information is available at